How did this happen?
My sweet babies are all growing up. How did this happen and how can I stop it? My realization that I am too young for these kids to be mine and that they are growing up WAY too fast has been forced upon me. It all started after Christmas break.
First, Gretchen's teacher sent home books for HER to read to ME!!! WHAT??? Now everyone in my house can read? That is the first step to independence. Before you know it, she'll be driving. Her and her dad have already picked out the car he plans on buying her when she turns 16. Might I add on a side note that she is the only one he talks to about buying a car. You know that Carrie Underwood song, American girl? Yep, that's her. She has got him right where she wants him. :) She did tell me this week she is watching everywhere we drive so when she gets her license she will know how to get places like the mall. FYI, the girl will be 6 next month, not 16.
The next revelation came with the baptism preview at church last week. Yep, its time for Parker's baptism. He will be getting baptized just a few days after his birthday, May 2nd. I can still remember like it was yesterday Dallin getting baptized and how shocking it was to have an 8 year old, and now I will have TWO of them. I still look at him sometime and wonder where is my little freckled baby with the buzz cut and shark fin mowhawk?
Then, as Richard says, the crap hit the fan. At least my "how did I get this old crap". I took Dallin to an open house for RISING 6TH GRADERS!!! What???? Now, this was the icing on the cake. The whole time we were there, he pretended I was a strange lady sitting beside him, definitely not his mom. What was I doing? Trying not to have an anxiety attack. I am scared to death of middle school. I am sure he will love it, he has told Richard and I at least 20 times since Tuesday night that he is sooooooo excited. Well, that makes one of us because I am freaking out. 1200+ kids, changing classes, lockers, hormones, more homework......
So, that's it. I am old. My kids are growing up at warp speed. My goal now is to wear out my camera getting all the pics I can, giving more hugs than they care to have from me and being thankful I am at home with them, just thinking of how to keep my babies little forever.
Summer 2004: Myrtle Beach
Summer 2004: Myrtle Beach
Dallin's first day of Kindergarten: July 2003almost 5 years old-year round school starts 2nd week of July
Parker: July 2004-3 years old
Gretchen: September 2005-2 years old
Parker on preschool graduation night with his favorite teacher, Ms. Ingrid. 
The family at Dallin's baptism: July 2006
14 comments:
Wow, they changed a lot from last time I saw them (which was like who knows). Luv u guys and hope your have lots of fun in life!
Emmi :P
I wish I would have thought about learning driving skills at 6 that would have made it a whole heck of a lot easier to do at 16 lol
I can't believe Dallin will be going to middle school! Where does the time go? And I love how Gretchen is already thinking about getting to the mall. She's such a girl! And, by the way, you are not old!!!:)
The kids are old, but not you. I absolutely can't stand them growing up either. Emma just turned 9 and I'm pretty sure that's as old as we need for any of them to get. Gretchen paying attention to how to get places cracks me up!
that is very sweet..I decided to actually take a peek at your blog..I have not taken the time to do anything fun lately! It makes me smile!... enjoy your kids, they do grow up so fast.
I know how you feel it's so hard seeing them grow up!!!
Welcome to my world! Next year I have one in High School and one in Middle school and Lauren went to her first church dance last night. They sure grow up fast. I love that picture of Gretchen as a 2 year old. So sweet!
Gretchen is so cute. She came up to me at church today and gave me a big hug.
You tell them Grammer said to stop that!! No, getting older. Soon they will not want Grammer hugs & I will be heartbroken, maybe if I tell them that they will not want to hurt my "old" feelings.Hey, I am not above using guilt for a hug from those cuties.
You are not getting old, you seem younger to me everytime I see you. Those photos bring back a lot of great memories, but still no middle school. I have to agree that Dallin will love it, but like you I am worried already. haha! Where was my Dallin who would climb in the dog kennel & close the door? He is still cute but I think they are getting smarter than their Grammer. I know they are better gamers. Gretchen is smart as it is never too soon to know where the malls are. And I miss Parker's shark fin hair but I love the hugs I get. I look forward to our trip for the baptism.
I hear you! I want to stop the clock. Colton is almost as tall as I am and a year away from middle school, Morgan gets baptized too. My last hope is to keep Chase small. But I don't think there is anything we can do about it.
All I can say is they grow up a lot faster than we want them to. I came that realization a few years ago and I cried! Now I am dealing with TWO teens, one who drives ME around and the other who has brought the word hormones to a whole new level. I no longer have single digit kids...at least not here...and life is going very fast! I feel your pain...where does the time go?
Ya know! I love reading your blog and keeping up with yall! You guys are so awesome and I miss you all so very much! Please do keep in touch.
Hey Stacey I blog hopped over from one of the ladies... Zoey is thrilled about Gretchen turning 6!! She will be there on Saturday. I am surprised at how fast mine have grown up and Zoey is only five ;) I am freaked out about kindergarten and riding the bus. Yeah I will be a mess come middle school!
My friend just shared with me this quote, "Some times the days are long, but years short"
This will bring back a fun memory. We are sitting around the table this morning and Alexa peered out the window at the little tikes slide and climbing set and then she asked were we got it. Dwane told her it just showed up on our driveway one morning. Then he looked to me and asked if I new who brought that to us. You know the rest.
How truly, the good or the bad each moment is to cherish. Your children are adorable.
Post a Comment