Thursday, July 07, 2005

THE NEWEST ADDITION TO OUR FAMILY!
After much begging and pleading DAILY from our boys, we broke down and decided to get a pet. Actually, it happened like this. Rich and I both grew up with dogs, and our boys wanted a dog really, really, really bad. However, we have been able to stall them by saying we could not get one until Grethen was potty trained, because I am responsible for too many people in this house and their bathroom habits. The boys kept begging, Gretchen kept being the stubborn, I'll pee when and where I want to pee girl that she is, so we went to check on a cat at the animal shelter. My thinking was that they are more low maintence. The cats at the shelter were PSYCHO! No wonder why they were there. The scratched Gretchen, hissed at Parker, and Dallin kept saying, "Can we look at the dogs now?" So we did, and saw the cutest little dog. He is a mountain fiest that weighs 13.5 pounds. He can be taught to climb trees, because he hunts for rabbits and squirrels (and will jerk your arm off if he sees one while walking). His name is Charlie! He has been a great addition to our family. He was already housebroken, fixed, can fetch, shake hands, sit, and walks well on a leash. He does not jump on the kids, but he does like to give kisses on the lips. He is a cutie!

No comments: