GI Joe, Reporting For Duty
We have been patiently waiting, some of us not as much as others, for Uncle Dale to graduate from Officer School in the Army. Well, HE DID IT! HE graduated June 30th. He is now a 2nd Lt. We were able to go and stay at Uchee Creek, near the Army base in some cabins. I will not go in to detail about the cabins, just imagine, humid, swampy, no AC, lots of BUGS, and rustic life. Let's just say I would have made a terrible pioneer. We went down with my family, Papa, Grammer, & Aunt Dare, and Frank & Suzie met us there. We were excited to see Rebekah and Shalene as much as we were to see Dale. You would think GA is across the country or something. The Army base was really cool, and it definately brought out your patriotic side. I have to admit though, that during the graduation itself they showed a video of all the wars the US has been in and for what reasons. Dare and I looked at each other, and said "Is this really a good idea? Can he back out?" Sisterly love was taking over on us. We want to be safe and free, but can someone else go. We are REALLY proud of Dale, he is making a big step in helping all us citizens, his own family, and doing what God wants him to do. He is excelling, and we are proud to have him in our family as a role model not just to the kids, but Rich and I as well. Dale has never been afraid of hard work and perseverence when it came to something he wanted...Something you wanted for him is a different story. HaHaHa! So here are our pics of the man of the hour!
Trip to Texas
14 years ago
1 comment:
Oh great! Now I'm Verclempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves.....I'll give you a tawpic...Uchee Creek is neither Uchee, nor a creek. discuss.
Post a Comment