Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hard Work Pays Off!

Warming up with the team. She is the first gal in the front helping to lead the warmup & stretches.

Beam routine beginning.

Looking good....nice and tight.

Floor routine

More beautiful floor routine.

Heading into her vault.

Handstand into landing.

Pep talk from Coach Matt before uneven bars.

Glide swing.

Middle Circle.

Cast.

Front Hip Circle/Shoot Thru.


2nd place uneven bars! 9.550

4th place floor and 4th place vault. 9.400 and 9.050

3rd place All Around!


WAY TO GO GRETCHEN! We are proud of all her hard work. She is a wonderful example to our family of dedication, perserverance and team spirit. She is a great cheerleader for her fellow teammates and is one of the first to give them a big hug of congratulations. We are so happy to have an amazing start to her gymnastics season. (Her level 4 team won 2nd place.)1 meet down.......5 to go.

P.S. Last year, we referred to the uneven bars as her dragon to slay. She worked so hard at the skills and would often come home with the worst rips and tears on those sweet little hands from all that dedication. Well, she definately slayed that dragon yesterday! I was so excited when she finished and even more when they posted her score....I screamed, which scared my sweet cheering companion Angie to death. :) Funny! I was just SO excited for my girl.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Renee said...

What an athlete!!! Congratulations!

Lori said...

That is so cool! Way to go Gretch!!

Mia said...

I have to tell you that I am always so impressed with Gretchen. Even thought she knows that she won't be in town for the primary program she sits on the stage with her class and sings her little heart out and is an example of reverence and happiness. I adore her. Congratulations on the awesome meet!!