Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day Smiles

The first grader, Gretchen in her favorite clothing item.....leggings.
This girl LOVES her some leggings. No, change that, she loves any clothes that SHE picks out.
Parker, 3rd grade, who as you can see is totally thrilled that I am taking the yearly first day of school picture. He really wanted to ride the bus the 1st day, but I really wanted to walk him in. He was a good boy and let me walk him all the way to the door. No hug...he ditched me as soon as he saw his teacher and friends. Good thing I got one before we left :)
Dallin is so excited to be going to middle school. Yeah, 6th grade!
I think he secretly enjoys that he knows whats going on and I don't.


All 3 kiddos has their first days of school last week. We have successfully made it through our 1st full week of school: no tears, no complaints, no drama. Both of my elementary schoolers have great teachers and several buddies in their classes. This definitely helped calm the first day jitters! They have jumped right in and even made some new friends. Dallin is loving middle school. He mastered the combination lock on his locker on the 1st try, and is a pro at getting from class to class in time. He likes his teachers, though he admits that he thinks a couple are strict and give more work than others. We are off to a great start!

8 comments:

Lori said...

Middle school?? Say it aint so.

Erica said...

Wow! Everyone is getting too old too fast! We don't start until Sept. and I hope everything goes as smoothly as your kids:)

Megan Young said...

Hurray! I still can't believe that you have a middle schooler. You'll have to let me know what to expect so I can be prepared for next year with Madeline. I love the leggings, and the boys cute smiles.

Unknown said...

hehehe I was the same as Gretchen when I was her age!! I can remember my mother physically trying to get me out of the car one day when she had dressed me in a grey shirt with pink elephants. I wore a coat the entire day. In Mesa, AZ.

Cute pics of the kids!

Mia said...

I love that girl's style! School is so bitter sweet, but exciting.

Family said...

We love great starts!

myglorydays said...

Yeah!!!!! I am thrilled they like their teachers - that is half the part of a good year. They all looked great heading out to school. Wish I could have been there!!

Jean said...

Looks like the kids are having a good beginning of school! I'm so glad! It's great to have good teacher and friends in their classes...makes the year more fun! Lauren loves leggings as well...she wears them whenever she gets the chance! :)