I'm Baaaaaaaaaack!
Okay, so maybe I have been riding the lazy train or the busy train or the "what blog?" train. Sometimes a gal gets so far behind it looks like she is in first place. So, after hearing the Phineas & Ferb song for the 100th time, "There's a 104 of summer vacation..." I started thinking about how fast the summer has gone by. With only 2 weeks until school starts, how did we spend those days we had off? Which by the way, was 83 days of summer vacation for my kiddos. Not nearly enough! Whatever happened to going back AFTER labor day? Granted there are some days I thought about holding them under the pool water to see just how long they could hold their breath ;) or really wanted to see anything but pb &j for lunch, but I love summer break with my kiddos. So here is a glimpse into summer break, Hopfer Style! Maybe if you are lucky, when the kidlets go back to school, and I am left with the dog all day, I'll expound on the fun seen in the pics. Or maybe not.......

Parker and Dad checking out downtown Nashville via the top of the Adventure Science Center.

Pioneer Pals riding in the handcart at Pioneer Day.

Dallin's 11th birthday-the boys having some pizza & cake post kayaking the Duck River.

Parker, Trevor, Porter and Dallin watching the fireworks at the University of North Texas.

Happy 4th of July from Sydney, Gretchen & Kara!

The big brothers with the little sisters battling in the pool.

Gretchen with 2 of the 100's of quarter horse babies at the ranch.

Parker checking out the quarter horses at the Green Valley Ranch.

The boys riding the trolley in downtown Dallas: Parker, Dallin and best buddy Trevor.

We did a little exploring in Cabela's after we visited the Bureau of Engraving. Lots of stuffed dead animals and outdoor sporting goodies at Cabela's and lots of stacks of money at the bureau. No pics of the money they run everyone and everything through security. I wonder why????

Sydney & Gretchen in a hall at the art museum that was full of origami butterflies.

The gang outside of the Crow Musuem of Art in Dallas.

Taking a little time to brush the goats at the Nashville Zoo with buddy Neal. These 2 were in Kindergarten together and he told his Mom "Gretchen is the most beautiful girl EVER!" I'm going to keep my eye on these 2. It starts out brushing goats....

Our little princess, dirt covered, could not be pried off the four-wheeler. She loves it and rode well into the night. Got to the love "the farm!"

Enjoying a nice summer night at the drive-in with buddies Neal & Wyatt. This night we saw Up & Night at the Smithsonian. We love the drive-in!

Hanging out at the park by the Franklin library. I have sucessfully gotten 2 of my 3 kiddos to love reading as much as I do. Guess which one tolerates it?
2 comments:
SO much fun!!!
What a fun packed summer! Love the origami butterflies.
Post a Comment