Gretchen was promoted to the Level 3 gymnastics team this past spring. This took our gymnastics days to 3 practices per week. I often hear from the boys, "gymnastics again?" She has been diligent in her practicing, never trying to skip practices, and always giving it her best, even when she fell on the balance beam mid handstand. She was a little skiddish after that, but jumped right back on that beam. This month started competition season. Not knowing what to expect, her first preliminary meet was a little overwhelming. She was nervous, excited and I was just plain stressed. She did not do as well as she could have done, which led to her comment on our car ride home, "I don't want to talk about it!" We were proud of her for getting out there and trying something new. Our first state sanctioned meet was this past Saturday. I was still nervous, and she was counting the days until the meet all week. She worked her fanny off at practice this past week and all those hours in the gym paid off. She ROCKED at the meet!
Trip to Texas
14 years ago
11 comments:
Go Gretchen!! I'm impressed
Way to go Gretchen! Love the leotard.
I am so proud of her - that is my granddaughter. Shake off the problems & win!! I wish I could have been there to see her.
Awesome! Looks like she's got some of that competitive spirit. Way to GO!
"Flippin" awesome!!!
Rock on!! Maybe someday she can teach me how to do a cartwheel! ;)
Wow!!!!!!
So dang exciting! What a beautiful smile!!!
Wow Gretchen!!! Congratulations!!!
Woo Hoo, Gretchen! Stand tall and proud you have done well. You are working hard and may just have more medals and trophies than your U.Paul. Keep up the hard work. You look awesome in your leotard! :)
Love you.
Papa & Grandma H
What amazing talent and the sparkly leotard is the best!! So glad she gave it her all and it paid off!!! Amazing!
Post a Comment