MARCH MEMORIES IN THE MAKING
I could probably start every post with "we have been super busy", but why state the obvious. So here's what the clan has been up to for the first half of March:
- Parker had his 2nd grade program "Lights, Camera, Action". He looked super cute in his bow tie and top hat. It was especially fun to watch him squirm in the spotlight while "singing" with a fake smile plastered on his face. The poor kid would probably rather do anything than stand in front of a crowded gymnasium and SING. But he did it! I was a proud Mom, and he was smiling a real smile by the time it was all over so we went out for pizza.
- Dallin got braces. We went in for our first cleanings with the new dentist and they sent us to take Dallin for a consultation with the orthodontist. He said Dallin has all his permanent teeth already, which was early, and they are pretty straight, just the bite needed fixing-over/under. A couple visits later, Dallin was sporting his new smile. He was a real trooper and they said he did great. He spent the next week eating lots of mashed taters, and mac & cheese. Now he is sparkling while smiling and will be for the next 18 months.
- We started to play a new sport, as a family...frisbee golf. A fellow mom from gymnastics and one of our cute babysitters talked to us about it and what fun it was. So, we bought a couple sets and headed out to Crockett Park. It was a beautiful, warm spring day, and we ALL had a great time. It is definately something that our whole family can play and enjoy. We only played 9 holes before we had a little mishap between Richard, a frisbee and Dallin's nose. A tip from me to you: don't throw a frisbee if someone is between you and the "hole" no matter how good a shot you think you are.
- Gretchen had her Kindergarten program, "Barnyard Moosical". She was a pig that loved to clean. They sang about pigs that mop and squirt dirt. The barnyard was full of chickens that strut, cows and gourmet goats. All the kiddos did such a great job singing and dancing, and our little pig had a blast entertaining us!
- Field Trip #1 of the month: Gretchen & the Adventure Science Center. I went with Gretchen's class to the science center and spent the day laughing and chasing down her and her buddy, Dejana. They had a super time exploring the museum and watching the show in the planetarium. The two of them blasted germs with lasers, played doctor, explored simple machines and more! Gretchen even got the chance to practice her moonwalk.
- Oh, I almost forgot. I started to substitute teach at the kids' school. I am really enjoying it and have been staying pretty busy with it. I was missing my cute little preschool class, and with all 3 kiddos in school I needed something more productive to do besides housework.
3 comments:
Sounds like life is staying fun and busy for you. You're brave to substitute teach. I don't know if I could do it. See you next week!
Love the braces! I think kids look cute in them.
Wow! I am tired just reading it. You guys stay busy & it sounds like fun. See you on the 29th - of next month.
Mom
Post a Comment