Tuesday, April 14, 2009

HE WORKS HARD FOR HIS MONEY
All of the 5th graders at Dallin's school went on a great field trip that Junior Achievement supports called BizTown. Its a working city where the kiddos are all the employees. They spent several weeks at school working on units relating to running BizTown, including applying and interviewing for jobs. Dallin chose Bank Teller because he said he was great at math and loves money. :) They were able to go for 2 consecutive days with me as one of their lovely chaperones. Each parent was assigned a business to supervise and I was in City Hall with the mayor, attorneys, IRS agents, and other fun jobs. They all did a super job and it takes some hard work on the part of these kids to make it sucessful and FUN. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Dallin and his friends in action. My hats off to the 5th grade teachers and the kids!
Disclaimer: Dallin wanted me to chaperone at Biz Town,
but he forgot that where Mom goes.....the camera goes :)
Dallin, bank teller and buddy Cameron, newspaper reporter.
Our buddy Mackenzie (in pink) taking care of
business at the Supply Center.
Working hard at the bank.
Dallin the bank teller verifying employees.
A checkup in the medical center.
Dallin's class at the end of their BizTown fun.

5 comments:

Mia said...

That looks so stinking fun!! I love that he wore a tie just like a real bank teller. Way to go Dallin.

Melissa said...

He looks so professional! Did he balk at wearing the tie to school? Quinn had to wear a skirt and nylons when she went to Biz Town last year, and she was certain that she would be mocked forever afterward...

Renee said...

That looks like a lot of fun!

myglorydays said...

I would love him as my bank teller - can he put me in for a high interest rate on my savings. What a totally cool idea for the students to learn about life by doing. Grammer is so proud of him. And I love the tie ... when Papa was asked why he looked so comfortable in a suit & tie, he told his employer he had been wearing one to church since he could walk. It helps in the business world to be able to dress well. Looking forward to next week & the week after & the week after...well you know. MOM

Jean said...

What a cool idea! Dallin looked totally the part with his shirt and tie on and I bet he was very successful! It sounded like a lot of fun! I bet they learned a lot too!