Monday, March 02, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday Gretchy!
Some giggling and flexible girls playing Camp Rock twister.
The girls playing a little "hot" microphone.
The birthday girl "on stage" ready to rock with her friends at the party.
My little heartbreaker at her valentine class party
Gretchen celebrated her 6th birthday on Valentine's Day, which lucky for her just happened to be on a Saturday. So, she was able to invite 8 of her friends over to help her celebrate the big day. Like every year, she picks her birthday party themes out way in advance, so I knew before the holidays we would be ROCKIN' OUT with Camp Rock. We decorated posterboard guitars, played "hot" microphone, Camp Rock twister, musical guitars, went on a music note hunt, and of course we did a little dancing. She had a blast with all her friends and had the biggest smile on her face all day.
Even though the boys seem to think she was sent here to drive them crazy. Dallin and Parker swear all she does is sing and dance all day. I personally think its cute, but I can imagine having your little sister sing in the car, in the shower, with every tv show, during all the movies, and in front of your friends might not be so cute. But we have one beautiful happy-go-lucky girl that makes us all smile and laugh. We are so blessed to have Gretchen in our family. My OB/GYN told me Dallin was going to be a girl, so to finally get my little princess at the end was just perfect, especially when it has to be your last. For me, it worked out just right. I love you Gretchen Abigail!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh she is growing up sooooo fast! And so beautiful. Sounds like "Camp Hopfer" was enjoyed by all and the girly girls had a great time.
Miss/love you all.
Mom & Dad H

Kristen said...

You got some great pictures of all the fun! My girls had a good time and we are so happy to count Gretchen as one of our friends!(and the rest of the family, of course!)

Renee said...

Hey I didn't know you were a blogger! Can I add you to my list? (It's Renee by the way, from church,... the asian girl).

myglorydays said...

I hate I missed her party but it sounds like fun was had by all. I love the decorations... you are so talented. I do not know where you & Dare got your talent from. Your cuteness came from me.
I can not believe Gretchie is 6 yrs old. How did that happen? She will be dating before you know it & Richard will be having a breakdown. hahaha
It was great talking with Dallin today. I love you guys.
Grammer

Anonymous said...

I know right... I joined D.A.D.D.
Dads Against Daughters Dating

Dare said...

LOL- good luck with that Richard! :)

These pictures are really cute! It looks like Camp Rock was rockin' success,those were great ideas Stacey.

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN FEEDING GRETCHY SINCE CHRISTMAS?!?!?!?!?! Can you stop already? She looks like a preteen in that first picture.

Mia said...

Zoey had an absolute blast! I loved all the fun activities you had... and quite frankly I had a pretty good time myself! Thanks for letting me party crash.

Jean said...

I am so glad she had a perfect birthday party...sounded like fun and she is one very cute young lady! Kudos to Mom for all the behind the scenes work to make that party a success...good job!