Fall, Field Trips and FUN!
As always in our life, we have been busy this fall. Richard has been traveling A LOT with work, we have had our first and second visitors to the new house, all the kids have gone on some great Middle TN field trips, and we are still settling in, meeting new people and finding adventures!
Gretchen's kindergarten class went on a field trip to Gentry's farm. They got a chance to explore a working farm, which was growing pumpkins at the time. They played in the hay maze in the barn, saw some farm animals, took a tractor ride, fed pumpkins to the cows, had a class picnic, and picked the perfect little pumpkins. Richard & I both went with her, although he was the only Dad out there is slacks and loafers. Silly Dad! It was a beautiful fall day with tons of smiles and laughter.
We enjoyed it so much that when our friends, the Christians, came to visit for the weekend from Knoxville, we took their family out there too! Fun was had by all! We were able to play one of our favorite games with them on Fri. night. Which of course, I lost. It is very hard to beat Jenny or Richard, and just when I think I am close, Brett wins. Oh well, its still a blast losing. We enjoyed their visit, and are thrilled to be able to bribe them with the temple close by and babysitting!
Parker's class took a field trip to a local Southern plantation. It was the home of Sam Davis. The kids got to tour the home which was furnished with the original pieces from over 200 years ago. All the woodwork, and metalwork are all the original pieces. My fun group of Parker, and his buddies, Eric and Sid got to tour the plantation. We saw weavers, candlemakers, ironsmith, beekeeping, basketweaving, sheepshearing, slave quarters and dressed confederate soldiers, complete with firing guns. The boys were energetic but extremely entertaining. We had a picnic on the grounds and tossed some walnuts at trees while sword fighting with our replica confederate swords. Oh the Fun!!
Dallin and his Dad are headed out next week for Blue and Gray Days at another plantation. It should be an adventure for both of them Dallin, Dad and several 10 & 11 year old boys. ;) Dallin has been busy running with the marathon club at school. They are trying to log 25 miles by April, and then they will run the last mile at the Music City Marathon. I am thrilled he had a chance to run again. His last school had a cross country program and he was looking forward to running again.
Our second and much anticipated visitor came flying in just in time for Halloween, GRAMMER!!! The kids got to leave school early, so we could pick her up at the airport. However, when we got there they thought she left without us when they did not spot her right away. They all took off running when they saw her head down the terminal. I am surprised they did not knock her down. :)Unfortunately for them, they had school during the day, but lucky for me, because I got Mom to myself. We were able to check out the shops in downtown Franklin I had been wanting to see, as well as eat at a local restaurant. YUMMO! I took her by the Grand Old Opry just in time to see the huge nativity set being displayed, and to our favorite, the outlet mall. But wouldn't you know that just in time for Richard to treat us to lunch, Parker called from school saying he felt "sick". I guess he wanted to spend some time with Grammer, too! It was a great visit, too short, but we are already planning for the next visit. Maybe Papa will come next time....
Life is busy, but we are all happy and healthy. We are all excited for the holidays: food, family, friends and more fun!
9 comments:
Isn't Fall great! I love it! And I love checking out my friends' blogs! It's fun to keep in touch. We miss you, too. Hope all is well in Nashville. Love, Chad and Tiff
All the pics are GREAT!!! Thanks for sharing, it sounds like you guys have been having a blast.
I can not tell you how much fun I had during my visit. The kids running towards me at the airport were a sight for sore eyes. & Stacey looked great too. I love downtown & yum-o is right on the food. Several days of great company, all my favorite foods & more love than I could pack to bring home. I am waiting for re-hugs Thanksgiving. Love you guys!
Grammer a.k.a. Mom
Wow! I was tired just reading all of it! Glad you guys are enjoying Nashville!
NO, it was not a subliminal message! I have often wondered what to pay and there has been such a wide range in what Lauren gets paid. You guys are on the high end, that's for sure! She doesn't know what to tell people when they ask her how much she charges.
The pictures were great and the update wonderful! It looks like ya'll have settled in nicely in Nashville and are making great friends and memories! I am happy for you!!! We will look forward to seeing you over the holidays!
Wow- the plantation looks great! I would love to bring the girls. Where is it? One of these days we would love to visit Nashville. It is a great city. I love your blog- it makes me feel like you aren't so far away after all. Miss you.
LOVE the new layout!!
love the new back ground and all the fun fall updates.
Post a Comment