Thursday, November 20, 2008

Home, Sweet Home
Some of you have asked for some pics of the new house. So, here it is! Please, ignore the minimal decorating in some rooms. It is definitely a work in progress. I am picking paint colors and still looking for those last minute touches. I am sure I will have it just right when its time to move again. We are all excited to be in the new house. Everyone is adjusting well to the new area and we look forward to those visitors so we can show off our new city!
the dining room
the living room-view from foyer/stairs
The living room-view from hallway
the kitchen-lots of cooking goes on here....well, lots of pb&j making
The kitchen/breakfast nook/desk area.
The guest room-which we hope gets used A LOT!
It has its own bath if that tempts you to come visit us.
the foyer-always wanted a nice, big entryway & finally got one. :)
My office-where lots of great and important matters are taken care of. HeHeHe...
Scrapbooking, blogging, emails, yw lessons, and sometimes bill paying.
The master bedroom
The princess suite with the new little girl bed...just her size, her wooden kitchen set, giant barbie house, and her favorites-her books. She has another big closet, even bigger than her last one, which is full of all her "stuff".
Parker's Pirate Room: Yes, that is organized chaos on his nightstand.
He "knows" where everything is. No, there are not any fish in the tank.
Our family room, complete with free red leather couch, loveseat, and chair, thanks to my husband and his great negotiating with the realtor and sellers. Notice, Charlie scoping out his daytime spot to lay in the sunshine.
Dallin's room, which Richard calls the 80's room because it has all this old style furniture :)
The D-Man was so excited to get his own room & loves it. BTW, HE asked for the golden chair, which he sits in every morning & night while he reads.
He is busy decorating it with guitar & rock posters. My little teen in the making.

9 comments:

Shalene said...

the red couch room is my favorite. Looks like a room I can hang out in for hours. I also love the "FAMILY" decoration. Miss you guys

Jean said...

I love the red couches...my very favorite color, and the house just looks beautiful! I am so happy for y'all! I know it will be so much fun living there and exploring your new surroundings! Congratulations!

Megan Young said...

So much space and so much fun...we need to make a visit. Love the red couches...

myglorydays said...

I loved the house at 1st visit.
It is homey, comfy & beautiful.
Your downstairs family room is well decorated & so restful. But I loved my room (okay your guest room) - it is quiet, lovely & my own bath. What is not love when I go to the Hopfers.

Anonymous said...

We love all the pictures. The house is just beautiful! You two have done well. That "Gold" chair is 40 years old and comforted four generations of Connollys and Hopfers. It's amazing that it is still in such great shape. We're glad to see Dallin likes it. The kids rooms look so good. They must be so excited to each have their own room. I bet Charlie is pretty happy too with so much space to roam.

Harding Family said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW HOUSE!!! It looks so cozy! MISS YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! Love,
Tiffany

Laura said...

Hey Stacey. Your new house is beautiful! I really like it. We miss you guys around here.

andrea said...

Holy Huge House Stacey!!! It looks great!

Amanda said...

I loved seeing your house in person yesterday )twice_actually).. thanks for letting us come tear it up..gosh you are my inspiration! I keep thinking one day my babies won't be babies and just maybe I will have a clean house then that sort of makes me sad too to think my babies won't be babies..I guess I can just never be happy! have a great night... Do you wanna do some shopping on Saturday?? let me know.. Jason will be in town