Monday, October 20, 2008

Things are changing around here
My sweet little long haired Gretchen has been asking periodically to have her hair cut short. It all started last year, when I went a little shorter and darker with my own, and continues each time the boys get their haircut. Well, it was that time again. The boys were looking like Shaggy and the pleading began. Now, as someone who has not had hair past her shoulders since 4th grade, I shouldn't care it she wants it cut. BUT...it breaks my heart to think of her long perfectly naturally highlighted hair could be much shorter. AND...I wasn't sure she would not regret it later. Since I am such a nice mom, HaHa! I let her go for it. Gretchen's hair was very long, and she probably had 8 inches cut off. She is happy & loves it, and that is all that matters to me! Dallin said he looked for her after church yesterday, and did not recognize her with her back to him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gretchen, we miss your beautiful long hair, but you look very grown up. Mommy was sooooooooooo brave for you. =) We love you!
Grandma and Grandpa H

Kristen said...

I love it and now Ashtyn is wanting hers cut short too. I like it long because it's so much easier to put it in a ponytail than to brush all of the tangles out at the end of the day. We'll see!

Dare said...

I looooooove it Gretchen! Your hair is super duper cute just like you!

myglorydays said...

Like Mommy, I said to myself "it is only hair, it is only hair" & when I looked at the photo & saw my beautiful Gretchie I realized she is still way too cute! She is a beauty inside & out. We will have to beat the boys off. I volunteer to beat them off when she gets older. hehe!
I wonder where she gets that strong will from?? No Mom & Dad, I am not taking credit this time. haha! Grammer loves her strong will though I will miss playing with her long hair.

Erica said...

I think it looks darling! I can't wait for TOFW in November!

Megan Young said...

Gretchen is so beautiful, her hair would look great at any length. She does look a little older. And.....you are a great mommy.

Jean said...

I think her hair is beautiful and short or long she still is just as cute as always! It is nice to have a mom who lets her kids have their way with their hair! I let the girls but Mikey has to keep his short...he inherited ALL of my cowlicks...hahaha! I hope she enjoys her new style!