Back to School Time!
The kids all started school last monday, in a new city, at a new school. They were so excited to meet some new friends, and their teachers. I am happy to say that all 3 made friends right away! YEAH! They have 3 great teachers that they all love! YEAH! And so far seem to be really enjoying the new school. Dallin loves the cafeteria food, which is costing us an arm and a leg. $2.50/per kid. Lucky for us, he is a social guy and met some boys immediately upon sitting down at his table. Parker came home with a buddy that he talks about often and says he likes to play with the most. I went to eat lunch with him on Friday and saw them playing together on the playground and at lunch they were sitting together and chatting and laughing. (A big relief for mom to see her shy guy with a friend.) Gretchen met a friend before we even got to school from her class at church. In fact, all 3 kids have friends from church that are attending the same school some in their classes. We are still settling in to school routines, we have not gotten homework yet, Gretchen is still staggering and going 1/2 days until next week, and I am trying to find ways to fill up my days with all my babies at school. It is hard to believe that I have reached this point in my life, 3 school age kids. How did I get this old???
6 comments:
My babies, my babies!!! okay they all left baby stage but Grammer is not ready. Dallin is going up so fast that college, missions & a wife will come way before I am ready. Glad to hear his school days are going well.
Parker is becoming more outgoing but he always picks up good friends along the way. Can we stop the growing though - haha!
School for Gretchen - how did Mom survive? Your shopping buddy off to kindergarten - it is never the same but evenutually the alone time seems great. Well, most days anyway.
I hope things continue to be fairly stress free minus paying for lunch. Love you guys!!!!!
Grammer
They grow up too fast! It seems like yesterday when Emily walked into kindergarten and now she is in high school and getting a drivers license! I can relate to feeling old...I am not ready for teenagers but they are here! The kids looked adorable on their first day of school and I am so happy to hear that they have made friends and y'all are settling in! Life sounds good! Happy to hear it :)!
Just checking out your blog! Ash had a great time today and is happy to have a new friend! Hope you guys are adjusting well. You can call me anytime!
Got my blog layout from http://cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com
They have a lot of cute stuff!
LOL, you old farts.
:)
Sooo happy to hear that the kids are adjusting well and loving the new school.
The school pics are perfect!
That is so exciting! I am so happy that things are going well for you guys! Chris is now going to Nashville every week. Maybe we will be out there soon!
Post a Comment