Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Whoa Baby! Someone had some SWEET holidays!
In case you happen to see us, and wonder why our family looks a little more plump than usual, here's why:
Our best buddies, Skylar, Chrissy & Meagan making their famous sugar cookies we have come to love over the past 9 years. Some friends are too good to forget, and their cookies. :)
Softening the cookie dough, rolling the dough out, cutting out fun shapes, eating the raw dough...

We made sugar cookies with our best buddies from Wake Forest. Here's Gretchen & Meagan.


I am Parker's room mom, I know I overcommit, and we made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers for his winter class party. Sugar Rush!
We made another gingerbread house with the twins, Owen & Elijah, and Aunt Dare. WOOHOO!

Gretchen and her newest cousin, Hudson, who as you can see loves to snuggle her, since
he is smiling!!! Too Cute!
Gretchen & I made treats for some of our friends at school & church...pb balls, hershey kiss cookies, fudge,& chocolate covered pretzels. She was quite the little cook. We even snuck some to Grammer.

We had a fantastic holiday break, full of one food festival after the next. Everyone knows that Richard and I love to eat out, so of course we have to frequent our favorite Raleigh hot spots: Snoopy's, Hibachi Express, Five Guys, Daylight Donuts (my fav), etc. Some of them we actually visited twice;) We ate several yummy meals care of Chef Jewel, and had some great holiday foods while gathering with family. I know what you are thinking, glutons. We are the example of why people make New Year's resolutions to lose weight. HaHaHa! No way am I telling how much we gained. I can count mine on one hand thank goodness. So I am back to watching what I eat, a little closer than I did during the holidays, and actually getting on the elliptical machine. I'll just add it to my 08 goals, not resolutions, more like affirmations. I will do it! Wish me luck!




2 comments:

myglorydays said...

Where is the picture of that beaufifool Grammer?? Looks like fun was had & weight was gained. Weight is easy to lose during that boring January. Then that fun Valentine's day & Gretchie's birthday comes to eat again.

Megan Young said...

I can't believe little Skylar is not so little and Meagan Wow! Are they still living in their same place? Sounds like the Eats were wonderful. They just opened a Five Guys by our place! Yummy! It sounds like the holidays were great!