Monday, August 28, 2006

School days are here...happy days for MOM! :)
Well, it finally happened, our action packed summer came to a close this month. School is officially in session for the kiddies. Dallin is now in 3rd grade, Parker started Kindergarten, and Gretchen has her first year of preschool. Dallin got off to a rocky start after he got some mysterious illness (which the drs. did not know what it was...I know, what you are thinking, GREAT doctors) and he missed the first week. He got back just in time to take a 25 word spelling test, made a 93, a grammer test, made a 100, and a thunder thursday timed math test, made a 100. So, he obviously did not miss too much. Parker only went on Wednesdays the first 2 weeks. But his teacher is really sweet, and he seems to like it. His favorite thing is the bean table, which is like an indoor sandbox minus the sand and plus the beans. Gretchen LOVES school, and yells YIIPPPEE! when she wakes up and finds out its a school day. She actually got upset today because I did not let her stay and eat at school. BAD Mommy! She is having a blast, but has come home everyday with some sort of injury, knees scrapped, paper cut, cuticle ripped. I have no idea why she is so clumsy, Richard and I sure aren't. I did have mixed feelings about school starting. I like having fun with the kids, and going places with them. BUT they were getting a little sick of each other, and I actually have a few hours each week to myself. Of course, I am filling it up fast, substituting at the preschool, volunteering in the school library, and Parker's class. Who knows what else will come up? I am trying to get my Early Childhood Education degree, so we will see how that goes.

No comments: