They say as you get older that you get wiser. In my thirty-something years of life, I am either wiser or learning to be less of a control freak-perfectionist when it comes to my kids birthday parties. Sometimes this means I am giving rainbow art sleepovers, or snack filled kayak trips. For my favorite 10 year old's birthday, it means Nerf wars with a firepit hotdog dinner.
Parker invited 8 of his buddies, and some of his favorite adults over on his "actual" birthday for a fun-filled night of hotdog cooking, smore roasting and nerf gun battles.
It was perfect weather, yummy food, great friends and lots of smiles! :)
Parker had a great time and said it was exactly the party he wanted. He is a super kid and I love having him in our family. He is a great kid to spend time with one on one. He is very aware of whats going on around him and makes profound observations about people and situations. He is very quick witted and super smart. Parker is always willing to lend a hand and a loyal friend. Happy, Happy 10th Birthday Parker !!! I love you buddy!

No comments:
Post a Comment