Saturday, April 10, 2010

Better Late Than Never!


Our little lady had her 7th birthday on Valentine's Day. Yeah, I know that was like, FOREVER ago. But if I am going to get back to this blog, I've got to start somewhere......right?
Happy Birthday Gretchen!
We love you!

A little sugar cookie rolling and cutting.
healthy fruit kabob making

some of the cute mini chefs wearing their lovingly made aprons ;)

The gals cooking up some fun!


Gretchen celebrated her 7th birthday by doing some cooking with her gal pals. The silly girl cooking show started with dipping pretzels in chocolate and rolling them in colored sugar crystals. At this point they were still managing to contain the silly giggles, and they didn't even ask to eat the pretzels. Then they moved on to mini pizzas: rolled out their dough, put way more cheese than the average person needs on a full size pizza, and assorted toppings. Gretchen loves black olives, but her gal pals were TOTALLY grossed out by them. :) While we waited for the pizza chef to bake them up, aka Dad, the girls made fruit kabobs. (You know I have to fit a little healthy food in there somewhere.) The event was finished with 8 giggly flour coated girls who rolled, cutout & decorated sugar cookies with enough sprinkles and frosting to spread from here to California. They had me laughing at their cookie "creations". I made each of the girls aprons, and I noticed several had stuffed candy-whose purpose was to decorate the cookies-into their apron pockets. Gretchen had a fantastic time. I was so happy to see her enjoying her friends and laughing with them. They are the sweetest bunch of gals, and I would have them sugar coat my dining room anytime!

P.S. Kudos to Chef Dad, who rocked in the kitchen/oven area, he was very tolerant of the silly cooking show. Even he had a great time with the ladies.....mess and all! :)

5 comments:

Renee said...

What a cute girl and what a cute cake!!! Wow!

Family said...

Too Cute

The Hopfers said...

Gosh,it's hard to believe soooo much time has past. Gretchen is not a little girl any more but a precious young lady. The aprons were great. The little ladies had a great time it sounds like (& mom too). Stacey, you do a great job w/parties.

Mia said...

Happy Birthday Gretchen!! It was good seeing you today Stacey :)

myglorydays said...

Thanks for the post. Papa & I so hated missing her birthday. It looks like fun was had by all. Please stop letting our Gretchen get older.
Mom (Grammer)