I made it 10 years, 9 months, and 16 days with kids before something like THIS happened!
My sweet little Parker, who just celebrated his 8th birthday last weekend, had an unforgettable accident on his new bike. He just taught himself how to ride without training wheels during spring break. So, we took him out on his birthday to get his new big "cool" bike with hand brakes and foot pegs. He has been riding all over the neighborhood every chance he gets. So,here's the rest of the story: Friday night after dinner he asked if he could go back out for a ride around the block. Me, being the nice Mom that I am said, "Sure Parker!" 10 minutes later Gretchen comes running in telling us Parker's lip is bleeding & that he crashed his bike. Richard headed out to check the damage, and sees Parker headed down the street with a neighbor Mom and friend from his school class. His mouth is covered in blood, he is crying hysterically, and the other Mom looks freaked out. Richard brings him in and casually motions to me that he needs "a little help". What an understatement! After a couple of frantic calls to the doctor and dentist, a LONNNNNNGGGG night with some tylenol, and a nervous lengthy sit in the dentist chair on Saturday morning Parker was left with the pieces of original permanent teeth that were still in his mouth and some composite bonded to make up the missing pieces. He came out looking like the cute 8 year old I had before the bike accident, and that made me one happy mama! His new teeth should last him through any other bike, skateboard or sports incidents until he is older (READ: can handle dental torture) and can get a more permanent crown put in place. So, it was the exciting end to Parker's memorable week!
11 comments:
OK, Grammer is visiting a few weeks & happy as a lark when in comes Richard with Parker crying "I broke my teeth off". As any cool collected Grandmother does that has others in charge - I panic. Being helpful repeating "I think you should take him to the emergency room, do not wait for the doctor's call" I admit that I was in panic mode. He looks great now & was very brave during it all. Mom & Dad stayed very calm too.
Oh my goodness! Glad to hear he's ok and you're ok, of course.
Oh no! I'm so glad everything worked out and he's looking and feeling better. Way to hand tough!
wow! that looks like it hurt! I'm glad you were able to fix it. hope you had a great mothers day!
GASP!!! That made my heart stop. I am so glad he is ok.
Well, did everyone at school "believe" what happened? Boy, what a story to try to explain and prove. Glad Mom took pix to share. You all did great at your parts in this big picture! Can you believe what they can do these days in just a few hours in a dental chair? Parker, you look ...well just like Parker and we are all glad!!!!
Love, Grandma and Grandpa H
I know your pain....blood on any kid in those amounts is not something you want to remember. Robb took a swing to the head with a metal golf club, by our neighbor. I am glad to hear you survived. I am glad that it all turned out. His teeth look fantastic.
Baptism Congratulations to that sweet boy. I still have him pictured in my head as a darling little toddler. Where does the time go. Your family is beautiful.
That is so COOL. Parker, you are now offically part of a club of people who break their teeth off doing fun stuff. My borther, Jesse and I are both in it. So glad you are okay!!!
That is my biggest nightmare!!! I'm so glad the dentist was able to patch him up! :) You can't even tell!
I'm so glad he is okay, and you are right...you can't even tell!
10 years+...you had a good run!
Post a Comment