Get onboard the Funship!
This year for spring break, we were looking for something new and thrilling. Some friends of ours, Leilani and CJ, convinced Rich and I one date night that our family would love a cruise. They said the kids were the perfect ages, and that their son loved the camps, so much so he did not want to leave. They said the boat is cool, food is good and excursions are fun. Well, you all know how hesitant we can be, the only thing we are impulsive about is shopping. :) We talked about it, researched it online, price checked, and even watched 2 shows on the travel channel...cruise do's & don'ts and cruise tips. We called into the cruise agent, and she talked us through it, yes we were all 3 in the conversation. We ended up leaving from Port Canaveral on Sun. and got back on Thurs, on the Carnival Sensation, which took us to Freeport & Nassau in the Bahamas. We planned on staying in the area once we got off for a few days to do have extra FUN. Several people were interested in how it was going to go for us since none of us had been on one, AND we were taking our kids. We must have heard, "Let me know how it goes!" at least 100 times. Well, we did it and....
IT ROCKED! IT WAS ONE SWEET VACATION! EVERYONE AGREES IT WAS THE BEST...BETTER THAN DISNEY!!!!
The kids loved it; the food, the pools, their room, our cool waiter we had each night Eric from the Phillipines, the shore excursions, they loved the camps, even the "fancy" night at dinner and the broadway like show! Richard said it was the way to go! He said it was, get this, relaxing, even with the kids. He never checked email or voicemails, or even had his cell phone on!!!! I loved it! I could not be happier, and our friends are awesome for recommending it to us! THANKS GUYS! So here are some of the 200 or so pics I took. I even managed to get myself in a few, and a few of the whole family. So, now Rich says if you want to vacation with us, we will be onboard from now on. Who knows where we'll cruise off to next...
Trip to Texas
14 years ago
1 comment:
LOVE the pics! It sounds like you guys had so much fun!! You've almost talked me into a cruise and I never thought that was something I'd want to do! :)
So glad you guys had fun! We can't wait to see you all!!!!
xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment