Thursday, January 06, 2005

After giving some thought to new holiday traditions, and some pleading by Dallin, we decided to make a gingerbread house. The kids were so excited, probably because they used candy to decorate it. I mean what kid does not like candy. So I was the icing glue engineer, without knowing how sticky UI would get. Supposedly you were supposed to let the icing holding the sides together dry for a few hours before putting on the roof, and the let the roof icing dry before decorating, but with three kids waiting somewhat patiently,( and eating all the decorations as fast as they could), we skipped the drying process. Amazingly, the house stayed together. In the back of my head, all I could think was we were going to wake up the next morning to a house that looked like it had been hit by a tornado. Can you imagine the kids faces if they got up to find a house in shambles? Now that would have been funny! We decorated it, took pictures, and within minutes the kids were sneaking candy off the roof every chance they got. It was fun, and I am sure we will do it again next year. But this time we will let Dad do the icing.

No comments: