Tuesday, June 29, 2004

So I am less than adequate at keeping our postings current. Here is what I have been doing...I have just recently spent a less than GLORIUS week at girls camp in Morrow Mountain. (Which should never be called a mountain, it is still 95 degrees at the top of it.) After heavy downpours for thirty minutes, occuring every three hours, our campsite was less than desirable. After all, what is the point of a clothesline to dry your things out if the next storm is sneaking up on you as you hang them. IMAGINE if you will, you would be chatting under the tick infested pine trees, trying not to perspire too much, (there are only 6 showers for 100 people), chatting with an GREAT group of YW (that is the truth), sippping on warm well water (YUCK!), admiring the sunny CLOUDLESS skies when it begins to sprinkle. No problem. It is like a water mister right? Wrong, before your fanny can leave your chair to zip your tent windows, it starts to POUR buckets on you. Sounds like fun, right? The Young Women were awesome, they were a delight. But here is what I took from our camping experience: Tents leak somewhere no matter what you do, food cooked for 100+ can only be so good, wearing wet tennis shoes is NEVER fun, there are more than mosquitos that will bite you in the woods, and for a church as wealthy as they say ours is they love to torture the youth.

2 comments:

Shalene said...

LOL! I remember it fondly - and I grew up in Florida where it is ALWAYS hot as anything and you are gauranteed a rain shower at least once a day in the summer. I sure bonded with my friends and leaders out there though. I think all the stuff to complain about just drew us closer together.

Shalene said...

have any pictures?