We have gotten off to a great start for a super fall season. The kiddos are keeping me busy as usual, Richard has taken a couple of weeks off of traveling, (thank goodness) and we are enjoying the perfect weather.
Gretchen's class took a community field trip to City Hall where they met the mayor, and other employees, none of whom could really explain to the kiddos what they did there. It actually was pretty amusing for some of us chaperones. They only thing they could think to tell the kids was they collected property taxes. To which the kids asked, "what do you do with the taxes?" I don't think they were happy with the answer! The Mayor then had the class ask questions, and they are a smart bunch of cookies. I am betting those City Hall employees & mayor are better prepared for the next group that comes through. Lesson learned: 6 yr olds are A LOT smarter than you think! They also went to the library, post office-where they mailed a letter to themselves, and the fire station. It was a fun field trip and they were very polite and inquisitive 1st graders.
My scary trick or treaters decided to dress up like the evil side of Halloween this year. Normally, I don't let them lean towards EVIL but I chose to give in and let them embrace their inner bad sides ;) Dallin was the ghost rider, Parker was a skeleton, and Gretchen started out as a witch at the church Halloween party and by the next night decided on a vampire. They got a ton of candy, which was dumped into gallon size zip locs and hidden for bribery treats later. I did take out my yearly Halloween tax I charge each of them. Its hidden in another secret place ;)
Gretchen's gymnastics is mid season. She competed in 2 more meets in October: one at the Gaylord, and one in Gallatin. She placed 3rd overall at the one in the Gaylord-she won two 2nd place silver medals, and two 3rd place bronzes. At the meet in Gallatin she placed 2nd overall-
she won first place-Gold on uneven bars! She placed 2nd-silver on floor and 3rd on vault. At both meets her level 3 team won 1st place. She is doing a great job at pushing herself to do better, and keeps improving at each meet. I love watching all the cute gals competing and seeing those smiles when they succeed.
I have some great pictures from fall break to post....very soon! We recreated memories from a previous trip. Very funny! I know you can hardly wait ;)
6 comments:
Woo Hoo Gretchen!!!!! Superstar!
Way to go Gretchen!
What a great fall you have had! Congratulations to Gretchen on all her metals and hard work...it is paying off!
Gretchen is a natural plus a beauty too. We miss you guys!
The "girl" looks great! You can tell she really enjoys her sport.
You'll have to put a peg board up on one of her walls to start hanging up all her medals. We love you all.Tripp needs to take up flying so you guys can come home more often.
Mom & Dad H
Gretchen is such a little rock star! Way to go :)
Post a Comment