Some of you heard about Parker's recent field trip, so here are some of the pics. I got a substitute for my class so I could go with him, and I am so glad I did. He had a blast, and I got to meet some of his class buddies. I am actually the classroom mom, so it worked out well for that because I got to scope out the other parents for helpers during the class parties. They rode the school buses, Fun, Fun, Fun! 40 six and seven year olds riding a bus with a driver that looks like he just left the motorcycle bar, who was blasting "Highway To Hell" over the bus speakers is one AWESOME way to start the day! We went to the athletic dept. building were they have a big football shrine set up. Then we went into the indoor practice football field, where they ran their hearts out, and took a tour of the weight room where we saw several players working out. When the kids saw them, their little eyes were as big as saucers, not so much cause they were football players, but the fact that they were at least 6 ft. 4 and 300 lbs. It just so happens that we saw Chris Lofton, one of the basktetball players, too. We then went into the football team's meeting room, sat in their big comfy theater chairs, and watched a football hightlight video set to some rap music. We loaded back up on the buses, and headed to the football stadium, walked around in the locker rooms, and sat in the stadium for a little snack. We then headed over to the basketball arena, said hi to the soccer coaches, checked out both the men's and women's locker rooms, and ate lunch in the basketball players meeting room. After our UT sports, we headed to the sunsphere, the giant ball from the world's fair, that you can ride the elevator up to the observation deck. To top off the day, we went to Volunteer Landing to see the riverboats, and bridges. It was a fun and exhasting day. In my efforts to scope out the parents, one of Parker's friends is the assistant athletic director for UT, so he was our field trip connection for the day, Sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment