Thursday, November 11, 2004

For those of you with weak stomachs, do not read this.

At our kitchen bar, Parker refuses to sit near Gretchen because she "touches" him. So Dallin sits in the middle. As most kids do, they all prefer different foods. So at the end of one of our normal lunchtimes while Gretchen and Parker were eating cottage cheese, and Dallin yogurt since cottage cheese grosses him out, we had an adventure in motherhood. Dallin was entertaining us with his stories, and haphazardly waving his spoon near Gretchen, who knocked it to the floor. Dallin proceeds to tease her, staring in her face saying, "I'm gonna get you girl!" When our innocent princess takes her messy cottage cheese covered hands and smears them down Dallin's face. For those of you who do not know, Dallin has the WORST gag reflex. And you can guess what happened next. I ran for a washcloth, quickly wiping his face, saying "breath, calm down, it's okay" Too late his lunch all over the worst place....himself. So he is still gagging. I am trying to get him to the bathroom. He is gagging while taking off his clothes. All the while Gretchen is rather loudly imitating his gagging noises. Which is only making it worse. So much for my appetitite. I cleaned the floor, his seat, and his clothes and skipped lunch. Got to love being a mom!

1 comment:

Shalene said...

HAAAA HAAAA HAAAAA, I can almost see it! I guess being a mom you just have to learn when to laugh at things, otherwise you would pull all your hair out. I know I would! I have a feeling I'm going to be laughing a lot as a mother.......like when Rebekah got all quiet today because she had gotten ahold of one of my potted plants while I was on the computer. She made some beautiful art work on the carpet which she and I vacuumed up later. Or when she pulls down all the toilet paper off the roll and starts draping it over her shoulders....these are definate laugh instead of getting flustered moments!